Friday, January 7, 2011

Chanel Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Compact Makeup SPF 10 Review

Another review I posted on MUA for Chanel Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Compact Makeup SPF 10. For the record, I posted this review in September 2009 and haven't repurchased this foundation, mostly because I'm too obsessed with newer product offerings from all sorts of brands. 

For reference, I'm NC35-40 and I purchased this product in 40 Beige. The colour match is pretty good with this product, and I like the natural, dewy finish it gives. I initially only applied it with a foundation brush, but eventually I found that applying it with fingers gives a better finish, probably because it warms the product up and allows it to blend better. I haven't tried using the sponge, but that's because I feel like it would waste product, and the idea of a sponge sketches me out! Bacteria and all. The packaging is nice in that it has a separate area for the sponge on top of the actual make-up, but that separate sponge area is also where the compact mirror is, so makeup can smudge off the sponge and onto the mirror. Functional? Not so much..

In terms of price, I believe I paid roughly $63 CAD (+tax) for the compact, and I was told it's actually the most expensive foundation option available from Chanel in Canada (no wonder I wanted to buy it).
In terms of staying power, I have normal skin with a very slightly oily t-zone, and this product does stay well when I set it with powder, but I have noticed a bit of separation around my nose. To me, that's not the end of the world, I dab it away and I'm as good as new, but it's definitely not cool for $63. I will keep this foundation for winter usage and I'd consider repurchasing down the road for usage in the cooler months (refills are marginally cheaper).
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Excess Is Just My Character. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig