Friday, January 7, 2011

Make Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation Review

A product review I wrote on MUA for MUFE F&B Foundation in March 2010. This is probably the closest I've ever come to finishing a full bottle of liquid foundation. I decant it into sample containers because traveling with a glass bottle irks me. I use it plenty. It's a great purchase and one that I am positive I will rebuy in the not-so-distant future. Fragrance-sensitive people may want to try this in person before purchasing. The smell isn't a dealbreaker for me and I'm the pickiest little brat about scents. Just a friendly heads-up!

I recently purchased this product while on the hunt for something a little lighter than my usual GA LSF. I picked it up at a Shoppers Drug Mart for $42 + tax. I'm somewhere in the NC35-40 range, East Indian background, and F&B #34 is a great colour match for me!

The texture is a fluid-gel consistency, and please, PLEASE shake this product vigorously prior to using or swatching! It doesn't really separate, it just has a slight tendency to settle.

I find the foundation to feel extremely refreshing on my skin when applying, so I'm pleased by that. I shake the bottle vigorously, apply a bit of product to the back of my hand (roughly what would be accumulated under the cap of the bottle) and use a MAC 130 to apply/buff into my skin. The result is extremely natural, satiny-verging-on-luminous skin. Total love. I set it with a bit of pressed powder (I favour Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder). I'd classify it as light to medium coverage that is very buildable if desired.

I have combination skin with a very slightly oily t-zone. This foundation does not go oily on me at all, it stays put all day. I typically apply around 6-7 a.m. and remove around 11 p.m. and the staying power is great in my experience. It should be noted that I do not use a primer, but I do wear this in conjunction with Chanel UV Essentiel sunscreen.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Excess Is Just My Character. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig